Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
What is a Lasting Power of Attorney?
A Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is a legal document which allows a person above the age of 21 (“donor”) to appoint one or more persons (“donee(s)”) to make decisions and act on the donor’s behalf if the donor loses mental capacity.
A medical doctor or a registered psychiatrist can issue a certificate to certify that the donor understands the implications of making an LPA.
Benefits of an LPA
• Entrusting a person of choice to act on one’s behalf over personal welfare and interests, should one lose mental capacity as an early precaution
• Alleviates stress by loved ones should one lose mental capacity
LPA at Healthway Medical
• Healthway Medical panel of doctors offer LPA services
• Only available at selected Healthway Medical clinics
• Please call the respective clinics for more information