Experience the Difference
Healthway Screening @ Downtown offers a contemporary health screening experience, with a comprehensive suite of services and facilities. Our centre is conveniently located at the OUE Downtown Gallery, in the Central Business District, bringing quality healthcare closer to you.
Convenience and Comfort
Feel a sense of calm from the moment you step into the centre. Relax in our customised health screening seats, designed for your comfort and ease during the entire screening process. Our personalised service aims to provide a seamless health screening experience.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Healthway Screening @Downtown is committed to keeping our patients and staff protected during these times. Click here to learn how we are adopting new and updated measures to ensure the safe management of our facility.
Take control of your life with this proactive step toward better health and wellness in your life.
Health Screening Services we provide:
- Comprehensive Blood and Urine Tests
- Resting ECG and Treadmill ECG
- Bone Mineral Densitometry
Health Screening Preparations
Healthway Medical aims to make your health screening experience a smooth and pleasant one. To ensure that you are well-prepared, please see below for health screening preparations and what you can expect pre-, during- and post-screening.
- Singapore NRIC/ Passport/ Employment Pass/ Work Permit
- Recent medical reports and films (highly encouraged)
- Letter of Guarantee from your Insurance/ Company/ Agency (if applicable)
- Authorisation letter, company letter or staff pass (applicable to corporate clients)
The purpose of fasting is to achieve accurate results for your blood test for glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, and certain ultrasound procedures.
- Please fast for at least 8 hours before your appointment.
- No food or beverages are allowed during the fast. However, you can have plain water. We will provide light refreshments after your assessment.
- The average screening duration ranges from 1.5 – 3 hours depending on the selected package.
- Please do not consume your routine medication or supplements until the fasting tests are over. You can have them right after the test.
- For women, the pap smear, urine and stool tests should be done at least 5 days before or after your menstruation cycle.
DECLARATION OF ILLNESS
Should you feel unwell prior to your screening, please call our centre to inform our staff. Our doctor may require you to adhere to special precautions or postpone your screening depending on your medical condition.
- As part of our screening, we perform vision tests which require you to bring your glasses or contact lenses (if applicable).
- If you do wear contact lenses, you will need to remove it at least 30 minutes prior to the test.
- You will be required to drink at least 5-6 glasses of water before undergoing an ultrasound of the pelvis and abdomen. For ultrasound abdomen, 8 hours of fasting is required.
- Avoid urinating around an hour before the examination
STRESS ECG (TREADMILL)
- It takes about 20 – 30 minutes to complete the treadmill test.
- Please avoid caffeinated drinks / food before the test.
- Medication such as beta-blockers should be stopped 3 days before this test (please check with your doctor before performing this test).
- Please bring along your sports attire and shoes for this test. We encourage you to bring a change of clothes due to perspiration during the test.
- If you are bringing your stool sample from home, please collect 1 scoop of stool in the sterile stool specimen bottle, seal the bottle tightly and bring it along with you on the day of your screening.
- Stool sample should not be kept for more than 12 hours before submission.
- Note: For women, please ensure that you are not menstruating at the time of urine and stool collection.
- Avoid red meat and iron supplements 3 days before stool sample is collected.
- You may collect a stool specimen bottle from one of our screening centres or GP clinics prior to your screening appointment.
MAMMOGRAM (For Women)
- Please avoid this examination if you are pregnant.
- Please arrange for your appointment to be at least 1 week after the last day of your menstruation.
- Refrain from wearing any deodorant, perfume, powder or cream at your underarms or chest area as it may affect the quality of the mammogram.
- It is advisable that you bring your most recent mammogram films or reports (if available). This is to allow for better comparison between the previous and latest mammogram result.
- Kindly submit your most recent mammogram films to our radiology department within 3 working days from the day of your screening if you have forgotten to bring it on the day of examination.
- Your health screening report will be ready within the next 10 days.
- We also offer comprehensive services including GP & family medicine clinics, health screening and adult specialists, shall you require follow-up care or treatments